Special Needs Resources
Our Special Needs AdvisoriesVIEW ADVISORIES
Our RelationshipsVIEW LINKS
Useful Special Needs Documents & Links
- Oak Wealth Advisors Letter of Intent/Care Guide Sample To request an electronic copy of the Oak Wealth Advisors Care Guide that you can customize for your loved one CLICK HERE.
- National availability of ABLE accounts by state ABLE Account Comparison by State Map, and ABLE Account Comparison by State Matrix for May 2019
- Maximum Age of School District Support by Age.
- Special Needs Trust Handbook for Trustees from the Special Needs Alliance
- 2019 The Case For Inclusion Report from United Cerebral Palsy
- Special Needs Family Services Resource Guide from Autism Speaks.
- Autism First 100 Days Kit planning guide for getting through the initial Autism diagnosis period from Autism Speaks
- The 10 Signs of Alzheimer's guide to evaluating whether perceived changes are due to aging or perhaps Alzheimer's disease from the Alzheimer's Association.
- 2016 Recovery and Empowerment Mental Health Handbook for Illinois families from Illinois Department of Health and Human Services.
- Tips For Travelling With Someone With Dementia from the Alzheimer’s Association
- Family Guide to Adolescent Depression —from the National Alliance on Mental Illness
- IEP Goals and Objectives Bank list of ideas for inclusion in IEPs —from Bend-La Pine school district in Redmond, Oregon
- Post Secondary Educational Guide —from Autism Speaks www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/tool-kits/postsecondary.
- Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for People with Disabilities— www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/90360
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development— a national intellectual and developmental disabilities research center – produces a wealth of useful materials including tip sheets and articles for the special needs community.
- Appropriate Special Needs Trust Distributions –from the Academy of Special Needs Planners.
- Special Needs Housing Options Guide—from the Center for Independent Futures.
- In 2017, research was driven by Meghan Burke, Katie Arnold and Aleksa Owen into the challenges among parents of individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities have with their future planning. To read the abstract CLICK HERE
OAK WEALTH ADVISORS
Member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners