Special Needs Documents & Links
3. National availability of ABLE accounts by state ABLE Account Comparison by State Map, and ABLE Account Comparison by State Matrix Q2-2023
4. Maximum Age of School District Support by State Map.
5. Use our Supported Decision Making State Map to determine if your state currently utilizes Supported Decision Making.
15. Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development— a national intellectual and developmental disabilities research center – produces a wealth of useful materials including tip sheets and articles for the special needs community.
18. In 2017, research was driven by Meghan Burke, Katie Arnold and Aleksa Owen into the challenges among parents of individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities have with their future planning. To read the abstract CLICK HERE
22. Beginning July 16th, any individual suffering from a mental health crisis or emotional distress can call, text, or chat the number 988. This number has been designated as the new universal dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. For additional information about the Lifeline, please visit their website at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or contact them at their current number at 800-273-TALK(8255).
23. Webinar on Supporting healthy sexuality for individuals with Down syndrome. Presented by Advocate Medical Group, Adult Down Syndrome Center. This webinar focuses on resources such as ways to approach sexuality education while focusing on the core concepts of a healthy relationship.
24. ThinkCollege’s IEP Goal Ideas to Support College Readiness. Includes over 100 ideas for IEP goals to help prepare students with ID for college and beyond.
Goal ideas are organized into 4 categories: education, employment, community engagement, and independence.
25. Watch our video presentation on ABLE Accounts and Special Needs Trusts to the non-profit group Together for Choice. The ABLE Account and Special Needs Trust presentation includes our latest thoughts and best practices related to these essential elements of a special needs financial plan.
26. An online resource that offers health care providers, patients and families information for improved healthcare for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Links to some of our current relationships
Oak Wealth Advisors stays connected to the special needs community through active board involvement and membership in a number of organizations.