Oak Wealth Advisors’ Investment Principles are based on decades of investment research and market experience. There are five key concepts and six implementation guidelines.
FIVE KEY CONCEPTS
- MARKETS WORK – Trying to “beat the market” leads to frustration and unnecessary expenses.
- AVOID CONFLICTS OF INTEREST – Work with independent investment professionals who provide objective advice.
- DIVERSIFICATION IS ESSENTIAL – Asset allocations which are global in scope and encompass multiple asset
classes can neutralize the risks associated with individual securities and markets.
- RISK AND RETURN ARE RELATED – You must be willing to accept more risk in order to pursue greater returns.
- PORTFOLIO STRUCTURE WILL DRIVE PERFORMANCE – The asset classes included in a portfolio will be
responsible for most of the variability of the portfolio’s return.
SIX IMPLEMENTATION GUIDELINES
- Reduce Investment Expenses
- Minimize Taxes and Turnover
- Demand Transparency
- Diversify Systematically
- Maintain Investment Discipline
- Think Long-Term